UPDATE: My editing schedule is filling up for the first half of 2021. If you’re considering an edit, please contact me sooner rather than later. Happy writing!
Hello, I’m Cary!
Here’s the important stuff right up front.
- I edit at all levels—developmental, line, and copy.
- I also ghostwrite.
- I edit for all age ranges except young children—so MG, YA, and adult.
- I enjoy editing many genres: self-help, memoir, biography, historical fiction, women’s fiction, suspense, paranormal, fantasy . . .
- I also edit nonfiction proposals and help clients write cover letters, query letters, and synopses.
Why No Posted Prices?
I don’t list editing prices because I’d much rather tailor my services to your unique needs. Email me to chat about your project:
cary [at] thefriendlyeditor [dot] com
Cool People I’ve Worked with/Books I’ve Contributed to/Awards I’ve Won
I’ve worked with a number of talented editors:
- Lourdes Venard was my copyediting instructor at the University of California, San Diego.
- Barbara Sjoholm, founder of the Author-Editor Clinic, was my developmental editing instructor.
- And Stuart Horwitz brought me on board as an editor at his top-notch book editing firm, Book Architecture.
Besides editing, I have also mentored writing students at my high school alma mater and contributed to two writing books: Book Architecture and Finish Your Book in Three Drafts.
In my spare time, I like to connect with writers here on The Friendly Editor.
Find Me on the Interwebs!
FACEBOOK: The Friendly Editor
And of course subscribe to my newsletter for exclusive writing and publishing tips!
Note: The Friendly Editor is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only link to books I have actually read and truly enjoyed.