Hello, I’m Cary!
Here’s the important stuff right up front.
- I edit at all levels—developmental, line, and copy.
- I also ghostwrite.
- I edit for all age ranges except young children—so MG, YA, and adult.
- I enjoy editing many genres: self-help, memoir, biography, historical fiction, women’s fiction, suspense, paranormal, fantasy . . .
- I also edit nonfiction proposals and help clients write cover letters, query letters, and synopses.
Why No Posted Prices?
I don’t list editing prices because I’d much rather tailor my services to your unique needs. Email me to chat about your project:
cary [at] thefriendlyeditor [dot] com
Cool People I’ve Worked with/Books I’ve Contributed to/Awards I’ve Won
I’ve worked with a number of talented editors:
- Lourdes Venard was my copyediting instructor at the University of California, San Diego.
- Barbara Sjoholm, founder of the Author-Editor Clinic, was my developmental editing instructor.
- And Stuart Horwitz brought me on board as an editor at his top-notch book editing firm, Book Architecture.
Besides editing, I have also mentored writing students at my high school alma mater and contributed to two writing books: Book Architecture and Finish Your Book in Three Drafts.
In my spare time, I like to connect with writers here on The Friendly Editor.
Find Me on the Interwebs!
FACEBOOK: The Friendly Editor
And of course subscribe to my newsletter for exclusive writing and publishing tips!
Note: The Friendly Editor is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only link to books I have actually read and truly enjoyed.